Marissa is a Partner with PIB Law and focuses her practice on civil and commercial litigation. Marissa regularly represents major financial institutions and other clients in complex commercial litigation and class action defense, handling matters involving contested foreclosure, the Truth in Lending Act (“TILA”), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”), and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”), among others.
Prior to joining PIB Law, Marissa was a litigation attorney at Ballard Spahr LLP, where she focused her practice on complex commercial matters involving consumer financial litigation and banking regulations throughout the United States in arbitration proceedings and in state and federal courts. Previously, Marissa was a litigation associate with Bennett, Bricklin & Saltzburg, LLC, where she defended clients at all stages of civil litigation, including successfully securing defense verdicts in bench trials, jury trials, and arbitration proceedings in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Community & Professional
LGBT Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Association
New Jersey Defense Association
- New Jersey
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Western District of Pennsylvania
Thomas R. Kline School of Law at Drexel University, J.D. cum laude
- Recipient of "CALI-Best Student Performance" award for Constitutional Law
- Recipient of "CALI-Best Student Performance" award for Sexual Orientation and the Law
- Selected as Diversity Law Fellow by the Philadelphia Diversity Law Group (PDLG)
Pace University, B.S.
- Judicial Intern and Fellow for the Honorable Mitchell S. Goldberg, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania