Regulatory Print PDF
PIB Law’s Regulatory Group actively partners with businesses to navigate today’s complex federal and state regulatory environment. Our experienced attorneys counsel clients across a broad array of consumer financial products and services to help achieve comprehensive, efficient and effective outcomes. Our strategic and practical guidance can help you navigate a full-range of compliance matters, supervisory exams, enforcement actions, investigations, administrative proceedings, and litigation to achieve long-term success for your business and do right by your customers.
We regularly represent banks, mortgage servicers, commercial lenders, and other companies offering financial products in matters involving the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Department of Justice (DOJ), State Attorneys General and banking agencies, Federal Reserve Board, Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
We provide counseling on current developments in key laws and regulations, draft and review policies and procedures, help implement best practices, and collaborate to build robust control environments to address legal and reputational risks.
PIB Law’s Regulatory Group has significant experience inside corporate legal departments and the halls of government. Our knowledge and expertise can help protect your bottom line and your company’s reputation.
- Our team has considerable experience working with federal and state regulatory agencies, and we leverage this experience when dealing with federal and state regulators on behalf of our clients.
- We prepare and file federal and state regulatory applications, including applications for new charters and state licenses, and we analyze policies and procedures for compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- We conduct in-house training seminars, and we assist companies with ensuring compliance with the latest federal and state laws and regulations.
- Defended and successfully negotiated resolutions of enforcement actions brought by the DOJ, FDIC, CFPB, OCC, OIG, and states’ attorneys general for credit card (identity theft), as well as retail, consumer, and mortgage banking.
- Provided preparation for and oversight of supervisory examinations for retail and commercial banking LOBs with multiple national banks.
- Represented national banks in connection with letter inquiries, subpoenas, and civil investigative demands issued by state and federal regulators.
- Restructured and reformed Customer Complaint groups for multiple national banks to better comply with regulatory standards.
News & Insights
- Eastern District of New York Provides Guidance on Challenges to Tenant Hardship Declarations Under CEEFPA12.06.2021
- First Department Shortens Deadline for Perfecting Appeals of Commercial Division Orders Relating to Discovery Disputes11.05.2021
- Client Alert: New Jersey State Courts Enter Next Phase of In-Person Court Operations, Including Resumption of Commercial Landlord Tenant Trials06.08.2021
- Which Entity Structure Is Right For You? Comparing Certain Structure, Liability, Tax and Management Differences, Advantages and DisadvantagesThe PIB Legal Blog, 10.20.2020
- The PIB Legal Blog, 09.25.2020