General Counsel Services Print PDF
PIB Law recognizes that small or closely-held established companies, start-ups and emerging organizations have a real need for business-savvy legal advice from a seasoned executive with in-depth expertise about their companies, industries, products and challenges, but that many companies do not have the resources or enough ongoing needs to hire a dedicated general counsel. For these companies, our fractional general counsel solution can be an excellent fit.
In this role, an experienced attorney from our firm serves as a “legal quarterback” for your company, handling a variety of issues in a cost-effective manner. As a fractional general counsel, a PIB Law attorney will not only provide legal counsel to an organization, but also advise the client on issues involving its business growth and strategy. The fractional general counsel and their team members act as strength multipliers to support clients’ in-house legal departments in areas such as:
- Overall, day-to-day corporate legal counseling and advice
- All areas of litigation and dispute resolution
- Engagement and management of outside counsel
- Cybersecurity, IT governance and risk management and mitigation strategies
- Review, negotiation and management of commercial agreements between the company and its vendors, suppliers and customers
- Employment-related counseling and advice from employee complaints, to offer letters, employment agreements, employee covenants agreements, separation agreements to compensation matters.
- Corporate and business law matters, including mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate regulatory compliance, including responding to governmental agency requests and internal investigations
- Tax planning
- Arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution
- Liability management and restructuring
- Real estate and construction, including office space and equipment leases
- Corporate structure and corporate governance support, including assistance in planning, documenting and holding ownership and board meetings
- Intellectual property portfolio management and maintenance, and enforcement
Our lawyers draw upon their legal and business experience and institutional knowledge to help clients in need of fractional general counsel support and manage their businesses in a complex and competitive rapidly changing environment under an alternative fee model that permits clients to budget and manage legal expenses with a higher degree of certainty.
To learn more, contact Jay Ibrahim.