Trademark Prosecution, Litigation and Portfolio Management Print PDF
PIB Law’s Trademark Group is involved in every aspect of global trademark practice. We collaborate with clients on the identification, registration, protection, and use of their intellectual property – specifically, their domestic and international trademarks and service marks. We work closely with clients to set and manage our clients’ expectations and achieve their intellectual property objectives. We counsel clients on the strategies, desired outcome, and potential risks and costs of intellectual property litigation.
The PIB Trademark Group expertly provides intellectual property services to our clients in the following areas:
Trademark Prosecution and Portfolio Management
PIB Law’s Trademark Group manages clients’ domestic and foreign trademark portfolios for clients of all sizes across a broad range of industries. PIB’s trademark expertise includes:
- Drafting, filing, prosecuting, and maintaining U.S. federal trademark applications and registrations with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (“USPTO”);
- Performing full U.S. and international trademark searches, and expert analysis of proposed client trademarks, to determine trademark registrability in the U.S. and internationally;
- Prosecution and registration of client trademarks before international trademark offices, including the World Intellectual Property Organization (“WIPO”), and other foreign national trademark offices; and
- Filing trademark infringement actions and trademark cancellation and opposition proceedings before the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, as well as before other foreign national trademark offices.
PIB Law’s Trademark Group provides intellectual property litigation expertise in complex areas of trademark, trade dress, and unfair competition law.
PIB Law’s attorneys represent clients in all aspects of trademark litigation, including:
- Trademark infringement and unfair competition, in federal court districts nationwide;
- Trademark cancellation and opposition proceedings before the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”), as well as before foreign national trademark offices; and
- Conducting investigations into third party trademark and trade dress infringement on behalf of clients, and providing invaluable assistance and guidance with policing and protecting clients’ intellectual property.
PIB Law also acts as business counselors, providing intellectual property advice and counsel on the prevention of third party infringement claims and the avoidance of litigation. We provide critical counsel at all stages of an intellectual property dispute, allowing us to place our clients in the best position possible to obtain a favorable result.
Trademark Transactional Services
PIB Law’s Trademark Group provides a comprehensive range of transactional trademark services to all types of trademark owners, purchasers, licensors, licensees, and assignees.
The PIB Trademark Group provides clients trademark transactional services including negotiating and drafting:
- Complex trademark license and distribution agreements;
- Consent to use and register agreements;
- Trademark assignments;
- Spokesperson, sponsorship, appearance, and likeness rights agreements; and
- The acquisition of third-party trademark portfolios.