New York’s Appellate Division, Second Department Issues Perfection Deadlines for Non-Actively Managed Civil Matters Print PDF
On July 7, 2020, the Appellate Division, Second Department issued Administrative Order 2020-0707, establishing the following deadlines for the perfection of non-actively managed civil matters that were not addressed in Administrative Order 2020-0610 (issued on June 10, 2020):
Date Appeal Was Due To Be Perfected
March 16 – May 14, 2020
September 9, 2020
May 15 – July 9, 2020
September 23, 2020
July 10 – August 10, 2020
October 1, 2020
The Administrative Order also provides as follows:
- No further extensions of time shall be granted – except that, in the case of extreme hardship, an application may be made to the Clerk of the Court by e-mail, on which other parties must be copied.
- The deadline for perfecting appeals that are due to be perfected after August 10, 2020, shall be as set forth in 22 NYCRR 1250.9.
- All filings shall be served in accordance with 22 NYCRR 1250.1(c) and via e-mail.
- A digital copy with proof of service shall be deemed filed by being uploaded through the digital portal of the Court’s website on or before the applicable deadline.
- Hard copies may be filed, but are not required, pending further order or directive of the Court.
Appellate Division Administrative Order 2020-0707 can be found at: https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/AD2/pdf/ADM%202020-0707%20setting%20perfection%20deadlines.pdf