Tamara is a Partner with PIB Law and focuses her practice on business litigation, environmental litigation and community association law.
Prior to joining PIB Law, Tamara was a partner with Hollins Law where she represented clients facing litigation involving toxic and hazardous waste claims, as well as environmental and construction defect issues. Tamara has also successfully advocated for developers and contractors in claims involving construction negligence and soil stability concerns. She has represented several clients in large sum proceedings related to toxic and chemical exposure allegations, as well as personal injury claims related to water intrusion and mold liability.
- Successfully defended many appeals, including the 2009 published decision of Nelson v. Avondale Homeowners Assn. (2009) 172 Cal. App. 4th 857.
- Defense verdict in various mold cases with multiple plaintiffs seeking six and seven figure sums.
- Successfully defended clients in slope failure cases with extensive loss of property and large claims, resulting in dismissal of punitive damages and payments at or below policy limits.
- Represented multiple developers and sub-contractors in alleged construction defect litigation, gaining settlements for fractions of the amount allocated to the insured.
- Successfully defended multi-plaintiff lawsuit involving claims of improper condominium conversion in Los Angeles County, asserting violations of Los Angeles Municipal and California Government Code as well as unfair competition claims.
Community & Professional
Orange County Bar Association
Society of Toxicology, Southern California Chapter
BUZZ, An Executive Women’s Think Tank
Honors & Recognitions
- “Solving Water Intrusion and Mold Problems”, Lorman Education Services – August, 2005
- “Science of Mold and Deposing the Scientific Expert”, MCLE – February, 2006
- “Ethics Seminar”, MCLE – 1998
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
University of Southern California, School of Law, J.D.
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Advanced Certification in Medical Technology
Ashland University, B.S.