Kristin is an Associate with PIB Law. She has extensive litigation experience in civil matters, with a particular emphasis on complex commercial litigation at the trial and appellate levels, government investigations, and compliance and regulatory issues. Kristin’s current practice focuses on the representation of financial institutions in connection with commercial and business litigation, and compliance and regulatory matters.
Prior to joining the Firm, Kristin was an Associate at Montgomery, McCracken, Walker & Rhoads, LLP, where she represented pharmaceutical and healthcare entities and individuals in a variety of civil litigation, regulatory proceedings, and government investigations. Previously, she was an Associate at Lowenstein Sandler LLP, where she litigated cases involving the False Claims Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, health care fraud, consumer fraud, and employment issues.
Prior to attending law school, Kristin served as a middle school teacher in Newark, New Jersey as part of the Teach for America Program.
- Represented global engineering firm in government investigation involving alleged violations of the False Claims Act and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Successfully represented a pharmaceutical company in action involving alleged violations of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act and civil RICO.
- Obtained a reversal of a decision by the New Jersey Division of Pensions and Benefits to deny reinstatement of an individual’s pension.
- Obtained summary judgment and denial of class certification in action involving alleged violations of New York’s deceptive practices act and unjust enrichment.
- Commerce Group, Inc. v. DiPentino, 2014 WL 8663287 (N.J. App. Div. Apr. 23, 2015)
- Gatt Commc'ns, Inc. v. PMC Associates, L.L.C., 711 F.3d 68 (2d Cir. 2013)
- Goldstein v. Div. of Pensions & Benefits, 2011 WL 6542 (N.J. App. Div. July 28, 2010)
Honors & Recognitions
Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2017
Untangling Diversity Jurisdiction: Supreme Court’s Consideration of Hertz Corp. v. Friend, ABA Section of Antitrust Business Torts & RICO News, Fall 2009 (co-authored with Michael Hahn, Esq.)
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of New Jersey
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Editor-in-Chief of the Legislative Journal
The College of New Jersey, B.A.