His practice focuses on patent preparation and prosecution in a wide variety of mechanical, electrical and computer arts. Jim also services both U.S. and international clients in connection with intellectual property licensing, patentability and infringement studies and opinions, reexamination proceedings, prior art searches, design patents, and trademarks/copyrights, as well as litigation support.
Prior to joining the Firm, Jim was a Partner with Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP, where he represented clients in all of the areas described above. He has written and prosecuted hundreds of patents for a worldwide telecommunications leader, and was an integral member of the team referenced by this Fortune 500 Company as their “go to” patent firm. Previously, Jim was a Senior Associate at two Boston area patent boutiques that primarily specialized in the areas of patents, copyrights, trademarks and licensing for high-tech and high-profile clients.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a New England “Rising Star.”
- Advertising and Marketing
- Brand and Product Litigation
- Corporate, M&A and Securities
- Crisis Management
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Licensing Agreements
- Multidisciplinary Client Teams
- Patent Prosecution, Litigation and Portfolio Management
- Post Grant Proceedings
- Privacy and Cyber Security
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark Prosecution, Litigation and Portfolio Management
- Unfair Competition
- District of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
Franklin Pierce Law Center, J.D.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, B.S. in Electrical Engineering