Chris leads the Corporate and Securities practice at PIB Law. He possesses over 20 years of leadership experience in a broad range of general corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, compliance with federal securities laws, public offerings, corporate governance and general commercial transactions. Chris's experience spans general representation of numerous business organizations, including both publicly and closely held corporations. Throughout his legal career, he has provided representation to business organizations of all sizes in the areas of corporate finance, securities and business organization. Additionally, Chris has represented purchasers and sellers in a variety of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
Chris's accomplishments include:
- Led teams responsible for raising billions of dollars in capital for companies in the financial services, technology and insurance industries;
- Lead counsel on M&A transactions from small private companies to multi-billion dollar public-company transactions; and
- Working as a trusted advisor to business leaders in all industries.
Most recently he served as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer for Patriot National, Inc. a national provider of comprehensive outsourcing solutions within the workers’ compensation marketplace for insurance companies, employers, local governments, and captives. Chris serves as a frequent speaker on corporate and securities issues.
Community & Professional
- Member of the working group for the 2009, 2011 and 2013 Private Targets Deal Points Survey produced by the Market Trends Subcommittee of the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee of the Business Law Section of the ABA.
- Member of the ABA Model Tender Offer Agreement Drafting Task Force.
- Former Trustee, National Committee for the Prevention of Child Abuse
- Treasurer, Catholic Legal Services, Archdiocese of Miami
- Member, St Nicolas Ball Committee, Catholic Charities, Chicago, IL
- SEC Launches New Search Tool to Identify Individuals with Enforcement Records While the CFPB Considers Ending Public Access to ComplaintsThe PIB Legal Blog, 05.07.2018
- The PIB Legal Blog, 02.19.2018
- The PIB Legal Blog, 02.08.2018
Seattle University School of Law, J.D.
Lake Forest College, B.A.