Brian is a partner at PIB Law and focuses his practice on the representation and counseling of financial services clients in litigation, investigations, compliance and regulatory matters, including banking and consumer enforcement actions matters before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, state Attorneys General, and other financial regulatory bodies.
Prior to joining the firm, Brian was Executive Director and Assistant General Counsel at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. He focused on operational and regulatory matters across Chase’s consumer businesses and served as lead counsel for the enterprise-wide Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (“SCRA”) program. In that role, Brian counseled senior management and operations executives on an array of banking products and services, including credit cards, auto and student loans, mortgage loans, branch banking, commercial and business banking, asset management and corporate and investment banking. Brian also managed significant class action and qui tam litigation, conducted internal investigations, and supervised a team of in-house counsel handling all aspects of mortgage-related litigation.
Prior to serving as an in-house counsel, Brian was associated with Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP and Scarola Ellis LLP, where he maintained a broad based commercial litigation practice, representing clients in matters ranging from antitrust, bankruptcy, complex commercial disputes, insurance, securities and financial reporting, internal and government investigations, and white-collar defense.
Before commencing his legal career, Brian was a presidential appointee in the Clinton Administration, serving at the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development as a policy aide and liaison to the White House.
- Represented major financial institution in negotiation and response to an OCC Consent Order regarding Sworn Documents, Collections Litigation, and Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (“SCRA”).
- Participated in negotiation of the National Mortgage Settlement on behalf of a major financial institution.
- Conducted internal investigations and reviews on behalf of several major financial involving consumer sales practices; SCRA, collections practices; the Federal Reserve’s Borrower-in-Custody Program; and VA/FHA claims processes.
- Represented major financial institution in defense and settlement of a major SCRA class action.
- Represented Audit Committee chaired by former SEC Chairman Arthur Levitt in investigation into the City of San Diego’s pension system and certain bond matters
- Represented Audit Committee of a major technology firm in an investigation of accounting irregularities.
Community & Professional
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar Association
Co-Chair, PIB Social Responsibility Committee
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Editor-in-Chief of The Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
University of Wisconsin, B.A. with Distinction in Major