Ben is a Partner with PIB Law and focuses his practice on the representation of financial institutions in connection with financial services-related litigation matters.
Prior to joining PIB Law, Ben was associated with Fein, Such, Kahn & Shepard, P.C., where he focused on defending claims against national banks and mortgage servicers. Previously, he served as an Associate at Sheldon May & Associates, P.C.
- Prevailed on appeal to the New Jersey Appellate Division in which the Court held, for one of the first times in New Jersey, that a borrower lacked standing to assert a breach of a Pooling and Servicing Agreement.
- Negotiated voluntary dismissal of a loan servicing client in the Southern District of New York, relating to servicing practices in Florida.
- Successfully argued that an involuntary dismissal based on defects in the verification of a complaint do not have res judicata effect in an action brought in New York State Court.
- Obtained dismissal of $100,000,000.00 claim against securitized trustee involving claims of, among other allegations, RICO violations and systemic fraud.
- Defeated action filed by customer against her loan servicer alleging a breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, as well as the mortgage contract itself.
- Negotiated asset purchase agreement for the sale of a small chain of New York restaurants.
Community & Professional
American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
Honors & Recognitions
2017 and 2018: Super Lawyers Rising Stars in the area of Creditor Debtor Rights, Business Litigation and Consumer Law.
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of New Jersey
- Southern District of New York
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Hofstra University School of Law, J.D.
State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A.