He focuses his practice on civil litigation and trial practice. He brings to the firm 38 years of extensive trial experience and his skills as a litigator and leader have put him in high demand from some of the nation’s largest business and financial institutions. He has successfully tried and handled cases all across the county, including matters in Washington, Nevada, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, and Oklahoma.
In the high stakes field of insurance bad faith defense, where damage claims can exceed ten figure sums, he is the number one choice for legal counsel by top corporate executives and leading professionals.
Andy has been a featured guest speaker at professional and trade group functions where he lectures on a wide array of topics including trial tactics, case preparation and jury selection. He has presented on behalf of the American Board of Trial Advocates as the defense team coordinator for “Masters in Trial” presentations. In that position, he led some of the nation’s most prestigious trial attorneys in teaching lawyers the critical intricacies of proper case presentation. Andy has been awarded the “Trial Lawyer of the Year” designated by the Orange Law Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has been recognized by both the California State Bar of Governors and the Orange County Bar Association for the extensive pro bono services he has provided. The Los Angeles Magazine has also awarded Mr. Hollins with their “Super Lawyer” Designation, awarded to 5% of the lawyers for 2005 through 2017.
Before joining PIB Law, Andy was a founding partner at Hollins Law where he built a successful law practice serving all areas of California. He now brings that practice to PIB law where his expertise can serve his clients nationally and across broader practice areas.
- Prevailed as lead attorney in the first case of a subsequent class action matter in Oklahoma alleging over $1 billion in damages to a leading financial institution.
- Won more than 25 defense verdicts in insurance bad faith cases where demands ranged from seven figures to nine figures.
- Obtained a unanimous verdict for the defense in a quadriplegic injury case for which he replaced the defense team only 45 days before trial.
- Re-tried two cases successfully on behalf of a commercial insurer where the original verdicts were the largest individual awards ever levied against the client.
Honors & Recognitions
- Awarded “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the American Board of Trial Advocates – O.C. Chapter, 2005
- Awarded “Super Lawyer” by the Los Angeles Magazine, 2009 – 2014
- Won the “Wiley W. Manuel Award” by the State Bar of California, 1992
- Featured in The Verdict, a publication of the Southern California Defense Counsel, for successive defense verdicts in a row
- Recognized by the State Board of Governors for pro bono legal services
- Recognized by the Orange County Bar Association for pro bono legal services
- “Masters in Trial” : Defense Team Coordinator, American Board of Trial Advocates, five-time presenter
- “Technology in the Courtroom,” American Board of Trial Advocates
- More than 25 seminars for industry and specific business groups, such as the Risk and Insurance Management Society, Association of Legal Administrators, and California Association of Legal Secretaries
- “Cumis and Its Progeny” – January, 2011
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Federal Claims
Woodland University, Mid-Valley College of Law, J.D.
University of Tennessee, B.S.
- Dean's List